Kiss of Wine is setting up Europe's first mobile canning line, and you can be part of that story! You will learn everything you need to know about working for Kiss of Wine, mastering the Canning Line Operator position.
Initial tasks include:
• Learning how to operate a mobile Wild Goose canning line
• Learning Kiss of Wines quality and operational standard operating procedures
• Unloading and setting up equipment in the morning, as well as breaking down and
packing up at the end of the day
• Mixing sanitizing chemicals and thoroughly cleaning equipment
• Weighing cans to ensure they contain just the right amount of wine
• Working the depalletizer to provide the canning line with a steady supply of cans
throughout the day
• Collaborating with the winery staff
• Driving a truck to-from the wineries
• Learning to efficiently and safely operate heavy packaging machinery
REQUIREMENTS: Ideal candidates for this position fit the following description:
Mechanical: Equipment doesn't always work as it should. As a Canning Technician, you'll often need to independently troubleshoot issues and make on-site adjustments/repairs. Physically Fit: Mobile canning requires strength, coordination, and endurance. You'll need to hull 750 KG pallets of cans, push the 200 KG canning line into place (it is on wheels), stay on your feet for lengthy 12-hour shifts, and perform countless other physical tasks.
Flexible Schedule: Every week is different, depending on the wineries scheduled. Long hours and overnight stays are common.
Hardworking: Pride in your work, self-motivation, attention to detail, and a positive attitude are all essential. Industry or packaging line experience is a big plus, but not requirement. Experience working on a winery as well.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to a variety of conditions at job sites including loud noise, high and low temperatures and small working areas. Physical demands:
1. Ability to continuously stand or walk.
2. Ability to bend, squat, climb stairs and lift frequently.
3. Ability to lift up to 20 kg occasionally.
4. Ability to perform repetitive motion functions in support of canning line operations.
5. Ability to pass a physical and motor vehicle driving record review.
Ability to travel 4-5 days a week Occasional overnights are expected
Are you interested? The journey starts mid-April in Amsterdam (machine usage training),we will then be taking a road trip to wineries in Italy and France.
We look forward to hearing from you. Apply today at firstname.lastname@example.org